Thursday 29 January 2015

sad endings and happy beginnings...

So many of you may know from reading through my blog that my sister and I own a dance studio.  We have made the incredibly tough decision to close the studio at the end of this year, and with it, our wonderful daily interactions and connections with a precious bunch of girls that we love with all our hearts.  This announcement has made me appreciate every moment we have left, and to find the joy in even the toughest of situations, since I know they'll be ending soon.  While there have been a lot of tears, there has also been somewhat of an epiphany, that sometimes the end is just the beginning, and you never know what great things are around the corner.


Never so true were the following words:  The past is your lesson.  The present is your gift.  The future is your motivation.  I will always treasure the lessons I've learned from the many students that have passed through our doors.  They've made be aspire to be a better person, a better teacher and motivator, and have always challenged me beyond what I though capable.  Our present is a gift, one that we appreciate daily, and I am so excited to see what happens beyond this experience!

Keeping on my black and white theme, I thought I'd pull in a little sparkle to an older but well loved dress.  This Chevron the Right Path belt in black from Modcloth seems the perfect compliment to my thoughts this week, as I do truly feel in headed onto the right path!!

... Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment